According to a survey, 87% of online customers said good product descriptions do influence purchase decisions.
It’s often said visuals grab attention better than text. But what’s next? Once you get the shopper’s attention with a high-quality picture, product titles must clearly and quickly convey exactly what you're selling, and then comes the description once your product gets discovered by the shopper.
The hardest part of listing an item on e-marketplaces is setting the perfect product description to ensure visibility to the targeted customers. Finding the right words to define your product is quite a task.
Let’s find out how brands and sellers ease this process with content recommendations and analysis and bring in more engagement and sales conversions.
Product visibility on eCommerce platforms
Brands need to be on their toes while listing products on eCommerce platforms. The competition is fierce, and shoppers have a shorter attention span. Brands and sellers must quickly engage shoppers with an attractive title and engaging description. High-quality A+ content with images and videos is critical to making a purchase decision.
Brands can improve their organic search ranking by enhancing or let’s say refining the product description, with high-performing keywords and exponentially enriching the reach of their category page.
87% of online customers said good product descriptions influence their purchasing decisions Source: Salsify Survey
Role of Content in the purchase decision – Content plays a vital role in shoppers making a purchase decision. Understanding the needs of the customers can help in putting up the right content. Brands and sellers need to focus on generating good content that connects with the audience. Influencing customers is a critical business goal that can be fulfilled via -
Establish a lasting connection
Providing relevant and useful information
Building a sense of trust among customers
Building a brand reputation as a market leader and an expert
Being open to customer engagement
Challenges in setting up the perfect Product Display Page (PDP) content
There are several challenges in setting the right content for a product display page on an eCommerce platform. Some of these challenges include:
1. Balancing the amount of information: It's important to provide enough information about the product to help the customer make an informed decision, but too much information can overwhelm them. Finding the right balance can be tricky.
2. Highlighting the most important and most relevant features: Customers want to know the key features of a product, but what's important to one customer might not be important to another. It's important to identify the most important features and highlight them prominently.
3. Providing accurate and up-to-date information in bullet form: Customers rely on the information provided on product pages to make purchasing decisions. Providing inaccurate or outdated information can lead to unhappy customers and a rise in product returns. Use bullet points to convey information.
4. Optimizing for search: Product pages need to be optimized for search engines to ensure they appear in relevant search results. This requires carefully choosing high-performance and relevant keywords and ensuring that the page complies with search guidelines.
5. Creating engaging content: Product pages that are engaging and visually appealing are more likely to hold a customer's attention and lead to a purchase. This can be a challenge, particularly when dealing with products that are difficult to photograph or describe.
6. Consistency across product pages: It's important to maintain a consistent look and feel across all product pages to ensure a seamless user experience. This can be a challenge when dealing with a large number of products or when different vendors are involved.
It's important to keep the customer's needs in mind and to strive for consistency across all product pages.
Why do brands need auto-generated content recommendation and analysis?
The massive range of products listed across the eCommerce platform requires AI and ML to drive content that optimizes product performance by including SEO high-performing keywords and creating content that suits platform compliance.
Brands need to move beyond manual content and switch to auto-generated content recommendations to optimize titles, descriptions, description bullets, images, and video scores. The Amazon Pi integration allows content recommendation analysis tools to fetch content and optimize overall content scores.
Refines content to adhere to platform compliance guidelines.
Save time in generating new content or correcting old content
Identify gaps in the title & description text, and images & video content
Include high-performance keywords to boost product Share of Voice across digital commerce platforms
Final Thoughts – What should brands do?
The manual process of refining Product display page content is neither cost-effective nor feasible for brands with a wide range of products under various categories and sub-categories across multiple eCommerce and Quick Commerce platforms.
Brands need to move forward with advanced content recommendations analysis with mScanIt. Optimize PDP with Auto-generated content recommendations to set the right content theme that defines the product and boost product visibility with multiple content suggestions on PDPs. The brands should focus on achieving brand goals to push for more conversions with the perfect title and description and ensure your content suit every parameter defined across the eCommerce marketplaces.
Comparing your product PDPs vs competition and understanding the gaps while ensuring all Government norms/ platform guidelines are met before publishing the PDP is critical to brand reputation and discoverability across the eCommerce and Quick Commerce platforms.
Go a step beyond content analysis and actionable insight. Make your content more insightful and engaging. Embark on a journey to enhance customer experience and boost product visibility across the digital commerce ecosystem.